Fall Internship 2015
The Ventanilla de Salud at the Consulate General of Mexico at Austin is looking for a part time fall intern to support outreach activities and client case-work. The internship will be 15-20 hours per week.
The intern duties will include:
· Attending outreach events to share information about our services
· One-on-one navigation with clients looking for health services and information
· Event planning for large annual fall health event
· Blogging and posting to social media
· Administrative support as needed
· Delivering 5 min health presentations in Spanish in the waiting room of the Mexican Consulate
Qualified applicants will be:
· Fluent in Spanish and English
· Personable and outgoing
· Organized and detail oriented
· Self motivated
Those interested in applying should send a resume and cover letter to Natalie Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ventanilla de Salud (Window on Health) is a program of the Government of Mexico developed by the Mexican Department of Health and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and implemented through 50 Mexican consulates in the United States in partnership with local health organizations. The Ventanillas provide reliable information on health topics, counseling and referrals to health services available and accessible in local communities. This program was designed to improve the physical and mental health of Mexicans living in the United States and to increase access to primary and preventive health insurance coverage and ensure culturally sensitive services in order to reduce the use of emergency services.